Something new from GHL...what could it be?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e8d60df3-9033-486e-9ec0-a302b6b285c8.png

NEW from GHL
7ff23947-bc9c-4a97-98ed-c9cde1085774.jpg
A new addition to the GHL product line
The popular GHL Doser 2.1 just added a new member to the family. Meet GHL Doser Maxi.

As with all GHL products, the GHL Doser Maxi is built on the proven framework that earned GHL its global recognition for ultimate reliability and performance. The Doser Maxi is fitted with two brushless stepper motors that are rated to move up to 350ml per minute!

Perfect for AWC and Continuous-use
Tired of lugging those buckets around?
Take the work out of manual water changes and let the GHL Doser Maxi do it for you. Conveniently schedule automatic water changes or trigger them as-needed.

Need to continuously do larger water changes?
No problem. Our brushless stepper motors are built and ready to withstand larger volume water changes. As with other peristaltic pumps which require a cool-down period, the Doser Maxi’s stepper motors can be run continuously for longer periods without needing a cooling period. For example, you can transport water for a water change at one time without needing a cooling period. Pumps are suitable for moving approximately 16,000 Liters (4,226 gal) of water.

No controller required!
We are firm believers in giving reefers the option to use our dosers without having to go out and buy a separate controller just to run it. For that reason, the GHL Doser Maxi will be offered as a Standalone or Slave model.

The Maxi Standalone doser is perfect for those who do not own a ProfiLux 3, ProfiLux 4, Doser 2.1 SA or Doser 2 SA.

The Maxi Slave doser seamlessly ties into an existing Doser 2.0 / 2.1 SA or ProfiLux 3 / 4 eco-system.

Backwards compatibility
Have a ProfiLux 3 or Doser 2.0 SA?
Don't worry we didn't forget about you! ProfiLux 3 and Doser 2.0 SA owners can also add one or several Maxi dosers to their system and benefit from all that the product has to offer.

Product flexibility like no other
Already have a Doser 2.1 SA or Slave?
No problem! The GHL Doser 2.1 and Maxi can be combined, Standalone and Slave in any combination. Same rules apply to those who have a ProfiLux 3 or 4 controller; all slave pumps can be controlled.

Standalone Maxi dosers can easily be converted to operate as a slave unit.

Availability and Pre-order special
Shipping for the GHL Doser Maxi officially begins December 04, 2017!

From now until November 27, 2017, you can pre-order the GHL Doser Maxi at a special introductory price.

• Doser Maxi SA - $369.90 (Pre-order price - $329.90)
  • Doser Maxi Slave - $319.90 (Pre-order price - $279.90)
Give yourself a Christmas present, you know you deserve it! :D
5f4d0c68-88c7-4f67-b1c6-ebc39ae64715.jpg

Last edited:

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting product, especially the side pump layout. I already ordered the KH director combo...with this new doser my wallet will be thin at year end @@

Vinny,

Question for the slave unit. So is it ok to use this new doser maxi (slave unit) with my existing stand alone Doser 2.1? Is the maxi slave unit still working with KH directory combo which has stand alone doser 2.1?

Last edited:

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I have the stand alone I would need to buy the slave then?

Correct ;Happy

As long as you have one "brain" in either a profilux or stand-alone doser, everything else can be slave. This is why GHL rocks and they support the older product lines.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if u get two of these it’s the same price as two Dos without the need of ur controller man I wish I started a year later keep it up ghl!!

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the continuous operation mode any idea how many hours before the head may have to be replaced?

Also can you have multiple MA with having a P4? I do not mind that I can also use my P4 with it but having the extra brain for redundancy?

No more tommy aqualifter or Rio 800 for my calcium of sulfur reactor

And nice to see your supporting your P3 unit users and not have to have them upgrade to use this.

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! How do you control the standalone?
USB, WiFi, myGHL cloud, App. Take your pick. :)

At the continuous operation mode any idea how many hours before the head may have to be replaced?

Also can you have multiple MA with having a P4? I do not mind that I can also use my P4 with it but having the extra brain for redundancy?

No more tommy aqualifter or Rio 800 for my calcium of sulfur reactor

And nice to see your supporting your P3 unit users and not have to have them upgrade to use this.

Thanks
The expected life out of the pump at continuous use will depend on the speed at which they are run. If you go with multiple SA Maxi dosers, you'd have to switch them over to Slave mode in order to add them to the P4 system. In which case, these "Slave" dosers will follow the commands given by the P4 only.

Nice!
Fast little motors.

What is the max distance this can push / pull with head height?

Thanks.
About 40-50ft. It really depends on how high the tubes will run from the doser itself.

What is min/max ml per min?
80 - 350ml per min.

What's the internal diameter of the tubing to fit those connectors please?
1/4" OD tubing can be used.

Great job!!!!this pump is silent??
Of course!

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered.. my second Xmas prezzie fro GHL .. stop producing new things, my bank account is getting hammered.. KH director and one of these for water changes... sorted

Back