Something new from GHL...what could it be?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

FGK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a SA 2.1 doser. How do I connect to this new slave doser? Wifi? Or needs to be hardwired?
Thanks

FGK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the PAB cable included on the slave unit?
Thanks

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How adjustable, increment wise, are the speed settings for the pump between the 80ml/min and 350ml/min flow rates?

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is stated in the information about this doser that it is suited for permanent operation. However the average lifetime for the pump head is 800 h. That means that it should be replaced each month?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is stated in the information about this doser that it is suited for permanent operation. However the average lifetime for the pump head is 800 h. That means that it should be replaced each month?
Every mechanical part has finite longevity. There is wear and tear. This entirely depends on the use and environment. ;Bookworm

Your vehicle can be operated for many many year, and miles, however not unlimited year, or unlimited miles.
The more miles you drive, the more tires you will consume and more oil changes you will require.

I used to drive 5,000 + miles a month, and did oil changes every 2-3 weeks, however the wife who drove 1,500 miles a month only performed an oil change every 3-4 months..

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every mechanical part has finite longevity. There is wear and tear. This entirely depends on the use and environment. ;Bookworm

Your vehicle can be operated for many many year, and miles, however not unlimited year, or unlimited miles.
The more miles you drive, the more tires you will consume and more oil changes you will require.

I used to drive 5,000 + miles a month, and did oil changes every 2-3 weeks, however the wife who drove 1,500 miles a month only performed an oil change every 3-4 months..
Yes that's true, but there is a minimum acceptable level and one month is not acceptable in anyone's language. If it is truly the case then the claim that can be run continuously should be removed as it cannot reach the length of your warranty before wearing out, the warranty length should be the period of your fastest wearing part.. you should change to 800hrs of pump use so everyone knows where they stand.

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think any micro pump would need replacing after moving 16.8k litres of water. You have to remember this is a precision dosing pump and not a return pump.

I will reserve my judgement on if 800 hours is reasonable until I know how much the replacement parts are :)

Last edited:

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think any micro pump would need replacing after moving 16.8m litres of water. You have to remember this is a precision dosing pump and not a return pump.

I will reserve my judgement on if 800 hours is reasonable until I know how much the replacement parts are :)
It depends on what there being advertised as being capable of doing? is the pump head classed as a consumable part, or an integral part of the machine? which is why Marcos tyre and oil analogy is very poor, parts do wear in most machines, but how quickly and how aware people are made of them is key. Take LED lights every manufacturer states life of 50000 hours etc you know then that they will last a defined length of time depending on use but they all have a resonable life span..

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Vinny

Can i do 7 g's WC per day as i do with Litermeter ? wondering how durable motors are..

mike

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, my maths was wrong - now corrected.

If you look at the d+d peri pumps they have a 12m life...I think the motors are classed as consumable.

Let’s wait and see what the the parts cost

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can this be used for dosing 2 part or do I need the GHL 2.1 doser to dose 2 part? Thanks

If you had a really big tank with a huge demand, then sure, I guess it’d work. Just remember, these pumps are rated at 80-350ml/min, a sizable amount volume wise which is more suitable for AWC. The Doser 2.1 runs much slower, thus making precise dosing adjustments much easier IME.

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still think that it is correct to claim "continues run" in this context, even when the pump head has "only" a lifetime of 800h.
"Continues" means here that it is allowed to run the pump/motor without a pause without risking to damage through overheating (leave the 800h as limiting factor aside here). Many dosing pumps have a max. duty cycle, e.g. 15 minutes on, 15 minutes off.
800h = 48000 min -> 16800 liters (4400gal) is a lot for a dosing pump. We are not talking about a return pump here.

Price point for the replacement pump head: $29.90

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back