Something on my Goni?

HandofThanatos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took this picture and figured I would come here to see if this is just how they grow or some sort of hitchhiker? There are these weird nodules on the skeleton of the frag...

20200329_182525.jpg

Is this a hitchhiker, algea, or just how Goniapora grows?

I would like to try to save the frag if it is an issue, but I have far more expensive things in the same tank so if I have to get rid of it I won't be absolutely heart broken...

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use forceps to go below and try to pluck them off which is easy with big ones or ones not attactched well, but if it doesn't go its best not to force it amd risk bursting them. If your tanks big foxfaces and sailfin tangs are known to eat them

OP
OP
HandofThanatos

HandofThanatos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use forceps to go below and try to pluck them off which is easy with big ones or ones not attactched well, but if it doesn't go its best not to force it amd risk bursting them. If your tanks big foxfaces and sailfin tangs are known to eat them
I have a 13 gallon, so those are not an option. I have a tuxedo urchin, a lawnmower blend and a couple trochus snails, but the snails appear to have died recently and with everything going on I have not been able to replace them.

I don't see any other bubble algea, but I do have what I have to imagine is green hair algea on maybe like 3 inches total of live rock.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back