Soooo yeah..... let’s get salty!

JestersDead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!! New here (obviously). Well....about me. I’m the very proud father of an 8 yo daughter who has an incredible interest in anything that involves water whether it be fresh or salty. The two of us started our journey with African cichlids and we’ve had a blast with them. So we talked and have decided to step into the salty side of things. It will be a slow process as I’m sure we all know it’s a little EXPENSIVE. We’re excited though. So yesterday I took the first big plunge and financed ( lord don’t tell my wife) an IM Nuvo EXT Lagoon 50. I’ll ask for forgiveness when it’s on our doorstep. She loves me. I hope she loves me. I’m pretty sure she loves me. I probably won’t post many pics yet as this will be a slow journey but I’ll be poking around in here and asking questions. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9D46DE53-7C53-48F6-8C95-7DF3AD5814E0.gif

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! It sounds like you have a nice tank on the way and your plan to take it slow and learn along the way is a good way to move forward. Thanks for joining us on our mutual adventures!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
No regrets and No turning back. We are glad you joined us and please take statement below to heart.. . . .
- There is nothing fast when it comes to saltwater. Go slowly and follow advise of members here.
- Unlike freshwater, you have to have a plan and add things as needed slowly and monitor every change you make
- Trust what your pet store store tells you, BUT first check with us on R2R to confirm it is accurate (many lately getting bad pet store advise)
- Every fish you buy, assure it is breathing normal, eating, has NO defects or spots or torn fins
- Stock fish slowly ( 1 every 2-3 weeks )
- Dory is a cartoon. Not all fish mix well ( again we are here to guide you)
- Buy the best equipment you can afford (paying attention to light, heater, circulation pump and salt mix)
- If pet store tells you that you can put this coral in right away, walk away and do not go back there. . .. LOL

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. It is great you are starting this adventure with your daughter. A new reef keeper in the making for both of you.

Take your time. Research and asking questions to the right group (that being us) will get you going on a good path.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all!! New here (obviously). Well....about me. I’m the very proud father of an 8 yo daughter who has an incredible interest in anything that involves water whether it be fresh or salty. The two of us started our journey with African cichlids and we’ve had a blast with them. So we talked and have decided to step into the salty side of things. It will be a slow process as I’m sure we all know it’s a little EXPENSIVE. We’re excited though. So yesterday I took the first big plunge and financed ( lord don’t tell my wife) an IM Nuvo EXT Lagoon 50. I’ll ask for forgiveness when it’s on our doorstep. She loves me. I hope she loves me. I’m pretty sure she loves me. I probably won’t post many pics yet as this will be a slow journey but I’ll be poking around in here and asking questions. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Congrats on getting your 8 year old interested:).. Welcome to R2R and good luck with the tank

Todd_elb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome I am new as well. This is a great place to learn lots of great info.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 23 35.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back