Sourcing 3/8" Red acrylic sheet ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mindwalkr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mindwalkr

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2017
Messages
46
Reaction score
42
Location
Boston, MA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I am looking for a company that sells 3/8" (9mm) thick Red (number 2793) acrylic sheet. Preferably cut-to-size.

I have tried the following websites (I removed the .com at the end of each so it does not look like a spam list):
regal-plastics
alro
curbellplastics
estreetplastics
usplastic
grainger
tapplastics
altecplastics
acmeplastics
eplastics
plasticproductsinc

Interestingly enough, Walmart and Amazon have it from a 3rd party supplier, but each is 'out of stock' :(

I know it exists, because Jeff @ Lifereef used some on a skimmer I had him make for me.

Which company/supplier did I miss ?
 
Hi all,

I am looking for a company that sells 3/8" (9mm) thick Red (number 2793) acrylic sheet. Preferably cut-to-size.

I have tried the following websites (I removed the .com at the end of each so it does not look like a spam list):
regal-plastics
alro
curbellplastics
estreetplastics
usplastic
grainger
tapplastics
altecplastics
acmeplastics
eplastics
plasticproductsinc

Interestingly enough, Walmart and Amazon have it from a 3rd party supplier, but each is 'out of stock' :(

I know it exists, because Jeff @ Lifereef used some on a skimmer I had him make for me.

Which company/supplier did I miss ?

there are tons of suppliers. have you checked with local plastics companies? i’m not sure what you have there.
 
@cromag27 I have tried local suppliers here in Boston. Nobody has red Acrylic sheet that thick.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new