South jersey guy: I keep getting sold sick fish!!!

bigkamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I changed to salt because all the stores around here have dirty freshwater fish stock all not great health... started salt awhile back have been adding fish... only have 6. Two tiny dragonets healthy as can be great store(fast sell out of good stock hard to catch stuff) two Nemo fry both ok I got babies so they didn’t have much time at the stores both doing well... but my big porky puffer and the new coral beauty are both sick the puffer as stated in previous thread isn’t eating coming into or already in the second week... started shaking or twitching... now he’s hiding and laying around more he still swims around just not happy he looks sad and I can’t figure him out... the coral beauty from my research has fn velvet... ordering copper treatments and a viral treatment for them both what’s the best/cheapest I don’t need bells and whistles just drops in to water that work and don’t cost me a mortgage payment or even a phone bill lol I swear I’m half tempted to open a fish store and show them how it’s done... tsm is located I just can’t afford them and can’t shop in person which sucks I haven’t been to the new place since covid the old spot was awesome... I just can’t not In Person shop For fish it’s like ordering a dog off Amazon it’s not all about appearance ya know...anyway anyone else have slum lords running lfs? Or is it more a dirty jersey thing lol
7D84E11E-5A9B-4E28-A8F2-62C9F86C7F57.png
7BEBFC68-98D4-446A-9A24-BC59FB34D176.jpeg
7145B9F5-67E6-4A87-BF19-0BFE129652B7.jpeg

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly suggest that you take all of your fish back and exit the hobby.

You are going to spend a lot of money and not get a lot of enjoyment. :(

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just for starters, need to know the following:
Water test results for Ammonia, Nitrite, PH, salinity etc.
How long tank has been up and running?
What is your water source?
Judging by the pictures either there are water quality issues or the tank is newly set up. Or both. If the latter is true then other than the clowns, the fish selected don't belong in a new tank. Nor IMO, do they belong in a new saltwater hobbyists tank. Even for those of us that have been in the hobby for decades this can be a difficult hobby requiring a whole different set of practices than what you need to be successful in freshwater.
If you are going to stay in the hobby, suggest starting with a lot of research.

OP
OP
bigkamp

bigkamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be quarantining your new fish
Setting that up as we type meds on the way too thought I had a bottle of copper but it was empty... I wouldn’t have gotten the angel... literally just got it was told it was quarantined clearly was not... I’m just mad ya can’t trust people at their word anymore I can’t say enough good about tsm aquatic they are some of the absolute best... I’m just very very poor and going thru a divorce keeping my daughter smiling is worth the work she loves what we are doing so I won’t be returning anything... I enjoy every second of this hobby even the pain in the butt stuff like treating sick fish... it’s the lying scamming money hungry douches I can’t stand dealing with... I’m from a place u get punched in the face immediately for that crap... this world is the problem the hobby is just a victim... I was mostly asking for a good shop around south jersey area/ even over the bridge in Philly I’m not afraid to drive just don’t wanna drive for the same dirty tanks and sad sick pets... I take pride in my animals/plants and my chemistry is spot on upkeep is daily hands on with live and I research a lot... if people would just stop being shady thatd be great

OP
OP
bigkamp

bigkamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out side glass gets dirty from kids inside is crystal clear always I keep it clean and Iam on top of wc, testing, feedings, lighting... bac has been established, copepods too... everything
A82B79AD-DC0B-4729-A28A-474CF661C4A1.jpeg
is thriving in my tank except the two sold to be sick with lies almost zero light... that’s why I dont online shop to avoid this... lots of glare too five aquariums running in this room alone...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.9%
Back