Space Invader coral

Novicereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I just got a Space Invader and I can't find definitive answers. Maybe someone can help.

Water flow - I have it in moderate flow

Lights - to be on the safe side, I have it middle low in the tank where it's getting about 125 par

I did learn its VERY aggressive so I have it about 4-6 inches from the closest corals to it (Miami Chalice, Derasa Clam and Setosa)

Growth rate? What coral can it be compared to in terms of growth rate?

I know, I know I got a coral I know nothing about, but it was hard to resist and all the things online said it's easy, but aggressive

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 pectinia colonies two of those being space invaders. They are up high and mid level in my tanks currently. I think they are very low demand corals as far as light and flow goes. They seem to do good wherever I've placed them. They do have very long potent sweepers. However mine don't put them out all the time. I have one right next to a huge octospawn and never have an issue.

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your lighting and flow sound like they are spot on. Your spacing between corals sounds good also. I don’t believe that this one grows as fast as the stunner, but better than others.

OP
OP
N

Novicereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 pectinia colonies two of those being space invaders. They are up high and mid level in my tanks currently. I think they are very low demand corals as far as light and flow goes. They seem to do good wherever I've placed them. They do have very long potent sweepers. However mine don't put them out all the time. I have one right next to a huge octospawn and never have an issue.
Ok cool! thanks! At least I don't have to worry about killing it. This seems promising. Would you say they grow fast?

OP
OP
N

Novicereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your lighting and flow sound like they are spot on. Your spacing between corals sounds good also. I don’t believe that this one grows as fast as the stunner, but better than others.
Oooo ok, thanks! I'll see if I can find other Pectinia colors

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back