Spaghetti Worm Spawning

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I caught a spaghetti worm spawning in my tank this evening. I’ve only got maybe 4-5 in my tank, but I walked by around a half hour before lights out and noticed that this spaghetti worm was out of the sand and sort up on this piece of rubble with some zoas on it. I thought it was weird, but wasn’t too concerned. I came back around 15 minutes later and watched it for a minute, and saw it spray a bunch of sperm or eggs into the water, I tried to film it but wasn’t fast enough. So I watched it for a couple more minutes and then it did it again, this time I got it. I’ve never seen any worms in my tanks spawn like this, and thought it was interesting enough to post, so here it is (videos not the best, but you can definitely see what’s happening):

OP
OP
MaxTremors

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don’t know if either of these videos are working, if they aren’t, anyone care to tell me how to post it?

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never gotten embedded videos to work on R2R without uploading to youtube and then just pasting the link into the post. Sorry

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 46 58.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back