Spare Return Pump for Red Sea Reefer Max G2+ 300

hsp

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2023
Messages
220
Reaction score
114
Location
Sydney, Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Red Sea Reefer Max G2+ 300, which comes with a ReefRun 5500 Return Pump, which is connected to a ReefRun Controller. After my ReefATO+ gave up (I got a new one from the Red Sea after 6 weeks), I wondered what would happen if my Return pump gave up. Having a spare ReefRun 5500 is not helpful if the controller dies, and buying both to have it sit there seems rather expensive. What do others do? Have a cheaper pump as a spare? I know that some have two pumps running, which will probably not work in my 300 with limited space and fixed plumbing.
Thanks for any suggestions!
 
I've been running a jebao DCP 5000 since I started my reefer 300 18 months ago. $80 from Amazon here in the states. I have a new one as backup since they're so cheap. I actually have a DCP 3500 and 15000 on my other tanks with backups on the shelf for those as well. The pumps are pretty much silent. No wifi but I don't need that for a return pump. It has a feed mode button on the controller which is all I need.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new