Spartachris' 125 Gallon Build

Spartachris

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2013
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
Tulsa, OK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my dream tank for Christmas, a used 125 gallon reef-ready with stand, pumps and a small sump! The sump is pretty small and I don't think I am going to use it.
20130108_202142.jpg


​



The stand turned out to be pretty damaged and flimsy.
20130108_202219.jpg


Currently I am running a 55 gallon hex that has been up for two years now. It's lightly stocked with a few softies, and a clown fish, six-line wrasse, coral angel beauty, and pajama cardinal and about 50 lbs of rock. I think.

Tonight I cut the 2x lumber for the stand I'm making. Hopefully I can get it screwed together Friday and do some work on facing it out with oak hardwood this weekend. Then I will set the tank up, water test, get the sump installed and test it all out before moving it into the house. I have plenty of thoughts about aquascaping, stocking, lighting and so on, but won't bore you now, since it will be weeks and months before I will have pictures of that.

It's going to be a long road ahead, as I am doing this on a small monthly budget, but hope to have it up and running sometime before Easter. Or Memorial Day.
:squigglemouth:
 
Looks like it will be a nice setup. Taking time isn't a bad thing. Can't wait to see your progression and final product.
 
Looks like it will be a nice setup. Taking time isn't a bad thing. Can't wait to see your progression and final product.
+1. the good thing is the hobby isn't going anywhere and R2R will always be here to follow your progress. congrats on getting your dream tank. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new