Special grade sand okay for a diamond goby?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jax15
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jax15

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2018
Messages
293
Reaction score
359
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Caribsea special grade sand, which is nice in that the size is uniform. Not too big, not too small. I want to get a diamond goby to help keep the sand sifted, but I want to make sure this type of sand wont hurt his insides when sifting. Anyone have this combo for longer term?
 
I have the Caribsea special grade sand, which is nice in that the size is uniform. Not too big, not too small. I want to get a diamond goby to help keep the sand sifted, but I want to make sure this type of sand wont hurt his insides when sifting. Anyone have this combo for longer term?

Looks like quite a few threads where folks used it with their gobies... no problem. All seem to say it is a good choice for them. I just ordered it myself. I was sold on the grain size and no having a flipping sand storm everytime the wavemakers went off. Here's some links:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/best-sand-for-goby-etc.321766/https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/1...ibsea-seaflor-special-grade-reef-sand.239742/https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/best-sand-for-sand-sifting-fish.684307/
Hope that helps!!
 
Looks like quite a few threads where folks used it with their gobies... no problem. All seem to say it is a good choice for them. I just ordered it myself. I was sold on the grain size and no having a flipping sand storm everytime the wavemakers went off. Here's some links:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/best-sand-for-goby-etc.321766/https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/1...ibsea-seaflor-special-grade-reef-sand.239742/https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/best-sand-for-sand-sifting-fish.684307/
Hope that helps!!
Thanks for the research!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new