Special grade sand okay for a diamond goby?

Jax15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Caribsea special grade sand, which is nice in that the size is uniform. Not too big, not too small. I want to get a diamond goby to help keep the sand sifted, but I want to make sure this type of sand wont hurt his insides when sifting. Anyone have this combo for longer term?

susan ingram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Caribsea special grade sand, which is nice in that the size is uniform. Not too big, not too small. I want to get a diamond goby to help keep the sand sifted, but I want to make sure this type of sand wont hurt his insides when sifting. Anyone have this combo for longer term?

Looks like quite a few threads where folks used it with their gobies... no problem. All seem to say it is a good choice for them. I just ordered it myself. I was sold on the grain size and no having a flipping sand storm everytime the wavemakers went off. Here's some links:

Hope that helps!!

OP
OP
Jax15

Jax15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like quite a few threads where folks used it with their gobies... no problem. All seem to say it is a good choice for them. I just ordered it myself. I was sold on the grain size and no having a flipping sand storm everytime the wavemakers went off. Here's some links:

Hope that helps!!
Thanks for the research!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back