Spend my money!!

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TL;DR: what would you do with a second tank?

I have a zero gravity tank. I like it, it’s small. I went from a RS 650 to this after a leak.

IMG_3833.jpeg

I’m happy, content really. I can’t keep many fish with this let alone ones I really want. But I have some corals and overall am happy.

There’s a deal floating around here for a rimless 83 gallon tank which is still smaller than the RS 650 but much bigger than this. I was thinking, what would I do with a second tank. I’m not getting rid of the zero gravity tank. This second tank would be in my office with very little ability to automate water changes and stuff so it would be back to manual.

The deal is to good to pass up! What would you do with a second tank??

FOWLR? More room for corals? I’m torn here!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ocean direct rock and an assortment of anemone.

Shaina Carey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an empty 20 gallon long. If I restarted it, I would make it a tank for extra corals and a QT tank.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any more photos of that zero edge tank? I have always liked those.
I’ve never seen this before. Me likey

@dkelley How many gallons is this? You say it’s small but it looks big to me. Maybe it’s just the photo

And for that 83g I posted…my current 75g tank is getting full and I have an excellent coral connection, and every few weeks there are some really unique or rare items but I’ve had to pass on some of the larger ones due to space. I was planning to upgrade to a larger tank but then found this deal…and decided - my 75g is doing great and i don’t need to break it down. And a second 48” tank is cheaper to setup than a 60” tank. So now my plan is to have dual 48” tanks and the new one will be my collectors tank / frag growout tank. It will be coral only, the best of the best. With no fish, limiting phosphate will be easier. I will have to dose to add them but it should make maintenance easier / less

OP
OP
D

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ocean direct rock and an assortment of anemone.
I definitely love me some anemones. I already have several in this zero edge tank. I could move them potentially and free space for other stuff? Or just more anemones.

All are RBT except for the one black widow nem.

IMG_3880.jpeg

OP
OP
D

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any more photos of that zero edge tank? I have always liked those.
I’ve never seen this before. Me likey

@dkelley How many gallons is this? You say it’s small but it looks big to me. Maybe it’s just the photo
Didn’t think the current tank would draw attention. This is about 50-55 gallons with the display and sump. The sump is the one that came with the Red Sea 650 that leaked. It barely fit under this one. There is more water under it than on top. I would say the top holds 25-30 gallons with the rock in there.

I lost a lot of corals in the leak but managed to save a few and grab a couple of new ones to start growing out.

IMG_3885.jpeg
IMG_3888.jpeg
IMG_3891.jpeg
IMG_3884.jpeg
IMG_3882.jpeg
IMG_3880.jpeg

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t think the current tank would draw attention. This is about 50-55 gallons with the display and sump. The sump is the one that came with the Red Sea 650 that leaked. It barely fit under this one. There is more water under it than on top. I would say the top holds 25-30 gallons with the rock in there.

I lost a lot of corals in the leak but managed to save a few and grab a couple of new ones to start growing out.

IMG_3885.jpeg
IMG_3888.jpeg
IMG_3891.jpeg
IMG_3884.jpeg
IMG_3882.jpeg
IMG_3880.jpeg

Didn’t think it would draw attention…This is awesome! I’ve never seen this how does it work? Is the top solid or is there a large lip? Does water go right up to the top? What is the chimney thing on the right side ?

OP
OP
D

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t think it would draw attention…This is awesome! I’ve never seen this how does it work? Is the top solid or is there a large lip? Does water go right up to the top? What is the chimney thing on the right side ?
The water overflows to a lip around the tank that drains to the bottom. So it’s constantly overflowing.

The chimney thing on the right is an Avast Auto Feeder. Let’s you auto feed just about any mix of foods which is nice. Not the cheapest auto feeder in the world.

Everything is hooked up to an Apex which auto swaps out a couple gallons a night for me.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely love me some anemones. I already have several in this zero edge tank. I could move them potentially and free space for other stuff? Or just more anemones.

All are RBT except for the one black widow nem.

IMG_3880.jpeg
I was more thinking carpets, mags, and gigs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my post might end up costing you money. And now your post might end up costing me money. Where do you buy these
I believe the company is out of business now. I didn’t buy this one new but I do know it was a little north of $6k when it was new IIRC.

Do a search for zero edge tanks and maybe you’ll find something. Definitely a conversation piece when company comes over.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back