Is this Spirobid Worms?

15884B8E-F543-4809-A6E1-BAAF14B000A2.jpeg

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again! We have one feather duster, would they come from it if it was that?
Usually the little ones that come on live rock or frag plugs are a different species than the bigger ones you buy. Usually they are pale pink or red in color and don't get more than about a quarter inch wide.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are more of a nuisance than anything. Only time I can see them being a real problem is if they infest and irritate a coral but I haven't seen that personally but could see it happening if you dont keep up on keeping surfaces scraped and clean them up regularly.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a 5 micron sock on my overflows in sump when I clean glass and surfaces. Let the dust settle and siphon my floor at that time. Just have to stay up on things.

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are more of a nuisance than anything. Only time I can see them being a real problem is if they infest and irritate a coral but I haven't seen that personally but could see it happening if you dont keep up on keeping surfaces scraped and clean them up regularly.
I have them coating almost every surface in my tank that isn't covered already by corals or something else and I've never seen them encroach on anything. Perhaps there are boring species but these little spiral guys are harmless IME

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them coating almost every surface in my tank that isn't covered already by corals or something else and I've never seen them encroach on anything. Perhaps there are boring species but these little spiral guys are harmless IME
For sure same here. Been totally harmless to my corals and just more of a nuisance than anything especially when it comes to cleaning glass and getting them out of tight spots.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back