Splashless Bleach

ry_gon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers!

I’m still new to aquariums. I set up my display tank about 2 months ago. I was cleaning my QT. I went to clean the equipment. I didn’t realize I used splashless bleach. It was on a return pump and tubing.

Ingredients in bleach:
Water
Sodium Hypochlorite
Sodium Hydroxide
Sodium Silicate
Sodium Metaperiodate

Should a few rinses with prime clean it?

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just rinse rinse rinse. That splashless stuff has additives that increases its viscosity: cytal betaine.

as an aside: splashless bleach is not a disinfectant. It’s meant to whiten laundry only.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Splash-less bleach. How many times I've known people who accidentally popped open the bleach bottle and just tossed back a splash?

Watch out for de-ionized baby formula water. They add ions into it so that the formula mixes better in the bottle. What is even better is that the baby poo doesn't stick to the diaper (or splash!) so you can just rinse off the diaper, ring it out and slap it back on the baby for another load.

Call those 2 useless products that a reefer does not need but can easily grab off the shelf when shopping for reef essentials. Ask me how I know.

Baby Crack GIF by TLC

OP
OP
ry_gon

ry_gon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Splash-less bleach. How many times I've known people who accidentally popped open the bleach bottle and just tossed back a splash?

Watch out for de-ionized baby formula water. They add ions into it so that the formula mixes better in the bottle. What is even better is that the baby poo doesn't stick to the diaper (or splash!) so you can just rinse off the diaper, ring it out and slap it back on the baby for another load.

Call those 2 useless products that a reefer does not need but can easily grab off the shelf when shopping for reef essentials. Ask me how I know.

Baby Crack GIF by TLC
How did you find that out? Ha

OP
OP
ry_gon

ry_gon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just rinse rinse rinse. That splashless stuff has additives that increases its viscosity: cytal betaine.

as an aside: splashless bleach is not a disinfectant. It’s meant to whiten laundry only.
Will do thanks!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back