Sponge filters?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnd651
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Johnd651

Getting back in after 14+ years
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
5,000
Reaction score
7,312
Location
Upstate NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
With my fish getting lost in the mail, when they finally showed up I used a 5 gallon pail to be able to check them over. The one thought I had was, I wish I had a sponge filter handy.

Does any one in SW use them? For QT? Etc?

20241129_164424.jpg
 
Since you have a little pump in there, just add a small rock from your tank, this will be enough to provide the biofilter for now.
 
Since you have a little pump in there, just add a small rock from your tank, this will be enough to provide the biofilter for now.
They are all currently glued...I need to throw a seed rock in there
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new