Sponge help

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2017
Messages
6,545
Reaction score
7,829
Location
Nashville TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First two pics are healthy sponge attached to Rock.
2nd two pics are recent pics sponge detached.

1) Do you know the name of this sponge?
2) will it reattch?

I moved some LR around because of new BTA. When I did I think I moved rock with sponge in a high flow area and the sponge started shredding then detached. Any advice I’d appreciate it!
Tank You
BD

A13F5707-9334-4E6D-8E3A-0DA003EA170A.jpeg 0995D24F-CC7B-40B7-B0A0-C883747335AB.jpeg D7EEFCCB-CAA5-4792-A4EB-B06B4319CEA4.jpeg 2DB5F4B0-097B-470C-8FFA-AEE3F4522418.jpeg
 
Looks like a combination of encrusting orange sponge and veiled orange sponge- Both safe
 
It’s neither of those. It’s red. Used to inflate real big when attached to rock. It’s like a deflated ballon now. Maybe it’s not a sponge I’m talking about...? Any other suggestions?
 
Maybe it’s a a red solitary sea squirt...?....
 
Most likely a tunicate. They don't like strong flow. If you put it in a moderate flow area, it should reattach in time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new