Sponge turning brown, should I worry?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pisquini
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pisquini

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 15, 2011
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
Location
Lehigh Valley, PA.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I had posted a picture a little bit back about something growing in my tank, all said it was a sponge and not to worry about it. It used to be white. Now it has gotten bigger and has turned brown. Should I be worried?

Thanx in advance for any help!

IMAG0142.jpg
IMAG0143.jpg
 
Very cool pics - it's great to see updates!

You didn't spend any worry getting him to grow, plus little is known about sponges and what it really takes to make any given one happy, so i wouldn't spend any time worrying over this one regardless. :) Just keep doing what you are doing with the tank!

My experience says that if they are hearty enough to settle and grow out in your tank, they aren't going to need special attention. Your looks as well as any right now. :)

Can't wait to see more pics!

-Matt
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new