Are these pineapple sponges?

31491BC8-D77D-466E-A24B-16D3423E325E.png

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will come back as long as there exists a growth condition which your tank currently has. Ans since it has these growth conditions, its better to have these harmless filterfeeding sponges grow, than to have much worse nuisance stuff grow, like hydroids or cyano.

OP
OP
G

G’sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will it
They will come back as long as there exists a growth condition which your tank currently has. Ans since it has these growth conditions, its better to have these harmless filterfeeding sponges grow, than to have much worse nuisance stuff grow, like hydroids or cyano.
prevent coral growth?

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless they completely smother the coral but I've never seen that happen. I have a ton in my tank

For one, they shouldn't grow on healthy living tissue. Even when they have "turf wars" with encrusting corals, in my tank the encrusting corals always win and push the sponges back.

Never had any issues with them in my 5year old tank.

If you see it smothering a coral, that most likely means that the coral is already unhealthy and on its way out due to other factors like improper params.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back