Spotted Mandarin thinks he is a tang

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if you dont know the story here goes. My reefer buddy, kudora, got evacuated because of flooding. He had two choices put them in my custody or take them to the LFS. He decided I was the better choice of course. Well my tank had only started its cycle a week ago at the time. So I decided to put about 50 gallons of saltwater in a stock tank, kinda like a QT. I let them stay there until the cycle was done, all the while the corals thrived in the tank, kind of wierd. Anyway I put the mandarin in early because he wasnt eating in the stock tank. He has been eating pods and frozen in the tank for about two weeks now. On to the point now. I decided to put the fish, Yellow Eye Kole Tang, Powder Brown, Bellus Angel, High finned goby, in the tank. I figured today I would put a sheet of seaweed in for the tangs. So the mandarin goes to see what everyone is eating. He actually has been eating it for about 20 min. I know he is not hungry because he is eating pods all day, and even eats frozen mysis. Anyone else ever experience this?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back