Spray from overflow on reef tank

Justfbilly

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 13, 2015
Messages
169
Reaction score
109
Location
St.Louis area
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have finally moved up to a 120 gallon tank with the built in over flow. I dont know why I waited so long, what a big change from the HOB overflow set up, this makes such a big difference in the noise and takes the fear out of coming home to a wet floor and an empty tank!

The issue I am running into is the small bubbles that are created as the water enters through the teeth on the over flow are popping before the water pulls them down into my sump and I am getting a small area of water that is collecting on the screened cover just above the overflow area.

Just looking for any ideas on what I can do to keep this moisture in the tank or do I need to change the amount of flow? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
reef tank.jpg
 
How about a lid on the overflow? Like a small piece of black acrylic cut to fit. That's what I have been meaning to do to mine, but haven't gotten around to it.
 
Thanks Ocelaris for the idea. I will have to make one tonight.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new