Spring into Reefing! What's your BIG plans?

Do you have any special reefing upgrades or projects planned coming up?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 125 53.4%
  • NO

Votes: 84 35.9%
  • Maybe (tell us)

Votes: 22 9.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm finally setting up the office tank.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to add an 80 gallon cube to my system and change the 32 into a display fuge with a mangrove. I am also going to move my 20 AIO to work and set it up as a softie tank.
I would prefer to do a 90 but their stand for it is MDF. The new tank will be an SCA. The most exciting part about a new build for me is the planning. I am hoping that @AquaBiomics will have their live rubble in stock by then. i am building an NSA currently with lots of caves around the base.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pending stuff: Drywall laundry room and make RODI station/clean-up area and I have a 60 gal long that I'd like to make "fish only" but supply of fish I'd like is still sketchy...

fade2black

Is this thing on?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoy the tank I have.

<I won't setup another tank><I won't setup another tank><I won't setup another tank><I won't setup another tank>
<I won't setup another tank><I won't setup another tank><I won't setup another tank><I won't setup another tank>

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm upgrading the 60g cube to a 270g FOWLR tank with a fish room. I'll also be building the stand and I'm leaning towards a custom acrylic sump as well.

200g-build-v13-white-tank-2-png.2029371

200g-build-v14-fish-room-mixing-tanks-png.2029384

200g-build-v11-plumbing-png.2029388

Drywall for the fish room is going up this weekend, follow along in my build thread if you like.

ccurnick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning on creating a light mount with aluminum extrusion to hang off my equipment cabinet thats above my tank as well as build a battery backup with transfer switch. But I am having a major operation mid April that will take me out of it for a while so not sure if I will get both done in time. Battery comes first.

Neseem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Main concern for me as the temps get warmer is a good cooling solution. Fans above the tank do the trick but I'm considering adding chiller.

mikeg18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brand new everything! Tank, sump, lights...the whole enchilada ;)

had taken a break from tanks after 20 years, coming back with a vengeance!

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Springtime for me means getting back to working the land. :(
I do have a tank project that I’m dreading. We’re going to be getting new carpet which means the tank has to be moved and then moved back. :eek:

Operation Philo Beddoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YES!!! Spring is right around the corner and I for one am super happy about it! We're actually sunny and 70 today here in North Georgia! :)

Thinking about spring gets me excited and also get me thinking about what it holds for reefing hobbyists and what plans and ideas you may have ready to put into action. So let's talk about it today!

1. Do you have any special reefing upgrades or projects planned coming up?

2. What makes you most excited in reefing right now?

Untitled-4 copy.jpg

I am done with small tanks ordered my Geo's Reef Sump, now to find 300 gal tank

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back