Spring into Reefing! What's your BIG plans?

Do you have any special reefing upgrades or projects planned coming up?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 125 53.4%
  • NO

Votes: 84 35.9%
  • Maybe (tell us)

Votes: 22 9.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters

justfalsefacts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been lurking on R2R for a month or so, so I’m pretty new to the community. 2021 holds the start to a new adventure In reefing for me. I’ve been a fresh water scrub for most of my life and in the past year have made gradual steps in piecing together my first saltwater rig. 2020/19 was spent researching the saltwater hobby and building my confidence enough to take the “saltwater plunge.” January and February have held the tasks of ordering equipment and materials, mounting lights, and installing an RO/DI unit. Needless to say I’m excited for my new hobby, and looking forward to the challenges and accomplishments it brings...rather than being intimidated by them. Next step the trials of building and rebuilding aquascapes, before settling on a backdrop I’m happy with and most importantly can live with. I look forward to seeing everyone paths of adventure while I share my own in this up coming year. Thanks for having me!

BTW...first post. ">#nobigdeal‍♂️

Uncle Bob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to get all my frags into my display tank - FINALLY!! and hopefully get my New Copperbanded past the one month mark. Not really allot to ask, huh?

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning a DIY controller to my tank. I have ordered parts some are on it’s way but already started to play wit the software part on The PI4.
Not convinced as yet of the reef-pi but likely still the most ready software I can start with.

Dacotahk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read a great deal on REEF2REEF and have gained much help from it. As it stands now, I have a 130g tank that is infested with mojanos. My spring project may have to be tearing down the whole setup and restarting. I upsized from my BioCube 29g and there are days I think I’d just rather have that one. This go round feels quite defeating. Starting again may be necessary. My concern is how to handle the fish and corals while I am working on the tank. There is no reef club, no store within 3-5 hours so it’s pretty much me.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding a small tank to my system so I don't have to part with the longnose black tang ....

Ellis top.JPG

It's going here .....

19F10F97-711E-460E-8116-328269B9C322.jpeg

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgrade mixing station to a larger one if the dang storage tanks ever arrive. Other than that sit and watch coral grow.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the reefbowl requires minor tooth surgery this year. a frag of superman monti on a trash plug was left in place too long on a magnet/glass and it locked into place at the base. I have to get a knife in there and slowly score it back off at the grab point, scraping lightly, destroying the base until it releases. if I don't it'll blot the whole side from light input in 20 months and be another huge disassembly job with vinegar

If I extract it like a bad molar right now, one hour's work. I can't just break the frag off the glass this is ultra thin hobby glass 20 years with saltwater in it and bright lights above its likely weaker than originally/can't take a shatter chance. has to be surgical extraction of molar lol. reef energy a/b plus a bunch of feedings and water changes made it grab 1/4 inch around the magnet in two weeks, it would not have been an ugly pest.

tigre44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YES!!! Spring is right around the corner and I for one am super happy about it! We're actually sunny and 70 today here in North Georgia! :)

Thinking about spring gets me excited and also get me thinking about what it holds for reefing hobbyists and what plans and ideas you may have ready to put into action. So let's talk about it today!

1. Do you have any special reefing upgrades or projects planned coming up?
New sump
2. What makes you most excited in reefing right now?
Have my first clam. I am finally seeing growth in at least some of my corals things are looking up

DeepintheReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found my dream tank on FB marketplace. This is the third of these tanks that I’ve found but the first I will be setting up as a display because of the condition of the glass. It’s the 144 gallon Oceanic half circle tank with custom stand, brand new still with original packaging from Oceanic. It will be a while as I’ll be making a new stand that’s a bit more contemporary and selling the custom stand to a friend. They have a 144 but the original manufacturer stand has seen better days.

Attachments

• 6043110C-B5A4-4754-90E1-49DBE566C746.jpeg
    6043110C-B5A4-4754-90E1-49DBE566C746.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 22

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back