Springeri Damselfish Poll

Which version of the "Springeri Damselfish" do you prefer?

• Full blue

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Black markings

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

TheBiggestFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am going to be posting some more polls like this every so often to get some general opinions & preferences of the reefing community :)

There are two variations of damselfish that both listed as springeri damselfish which some speculate to be actually two different fish. Which color variation do you prefer?

Full blue:
chrysiptera-springeri-7.jpg

Black markings:
chrysiptera-springeri-6.jpg

(interesting article by ReefBuilders: https://reefbuilders.com/2010/08/19/chrysiptera-springer/)

Kraig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good timing, just got a Springeri (well ordered 1, got 2) with black markings. That would be my preference.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am going to be posting some more polls like this every so often to get some general opinions & preferences of the reefing community :)

There are two variations of damselfish that both listed as springeri damselfish which some speculate to be actually two different fish. Which color variation do you prefer?

Full blue:
chrysiptera-springeri-7.jpg

Black markings:
chrysiptera-springeri-6.jpg

(interesting article by ReefBuilders: https://reefbuilders.com/2010/08/19/chrysiptera-springer/)
Definitely the black markings. Over here these get sold under separate names, the Sapphire Damsel and the Springer’s Damsel. The sapphire is the black markings and the Springeri is what I see many label as “True Springeri”.
If I wanted a full blue fish then I would definitely go for the Springeri.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the all blue one. It stays really tiny compared to the blue and black and such. It’s a cute little thing!

Back