Springeri Damselfish Poll

Which version of the "Springeri Damselfish" do you prefer?

  • Full blue

    Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Black markings

    Votes: 8 44.4%

  • Total voters
    18

TheBiggestFish

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2022
Messages
6
Reaction score
5
Location
New York City
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am going to be posting some more polls like this every so often to get some general opinions & preferences of the reefing community :)

There are two variations of damselfish that both listed as springeri damselfish which some speculate to be actually two different fish. Which color variation do you prefer?

Full blue:
chrysiptera-springeri-7.jpg


Black markings:
chrysiptera-springeri-6.jpg


(interesting article by ReefBuilders: https://reefbuilders.com/2010/08/19/chrysiptera-springer/)
 
Good timing, just got a Springeri (well ordered 1, got 2) with black markings. That would be my preference.
 
My LFS just had a "Black Marking" Springeri sale. 3 for $25.
 
Hello everyone, I am going to be posting some more polls like this every so often to get some general opinions & preferences of the reefing community :)

There are two variations of damselfish that both listed as springeri damselfish which some speculate to be actually two different fish. Which color variation do you prefer?

Full blue:
chrysiptera-springeri-7.jpg


Black markings:
chrysiptera-springeri-6.jpg


(interesting article by ReefBuilders: https://reefbuilders.com/2010/08/19/chrysiptera-springer/)
Definitely the black markings. Over here these get sold under separate names, the Sapphire Damsel and the Springer’s Damsel. The sapphire is the black markings and the Springeri is what I see many label as “True Springeri”.
If I wanted a full blue fish then I would definitely go for the Springeri.
 
I have the all blue one. It stays really tiny compared to the blue and black and such. It’s a cute little thing!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new