SPS Acro Burrowing Worm

yeah, well.. looks like I have the same problem. I went to Vivid aquariums and picked up my first frag for my tank, I was monitoring the frag for some time, and noticed the polyp extensions, and saw that one polyp is not right, so I did some closer monitoring and watched that polyp moving without current, then I knew that it was not PE, I actually knew this was not normal since day one because tenuis sps have similar PE as this worm, but not the green slimmer.. going to call them up and see how to treat this or find out what their policy against infested coral is.
InkedIMG_3459_LI.jpg
What ended up happening to that frag?
 
What ended up happening to that frag?
I went back and traded it for another frag, I did find out later that those are hydroids, and that they will not harm the SPS, but instead use the coral as a home,,,, although i think it can take over dead skeletons and even grow on your glass.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new