IMG_7113.jpg

IMG_7112.jpg

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you happy with them? That is all that matters. You could probably get deeper colors if you wanted, or even more contrast with lighter tips... but nobody can say that you will like the colors better.

ejazzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you happy with them? That is all that matters. You could probably get deeper colors if you wanted, or even more contrast with lighter tips... but nobody can say that you will like the colors better.
x2

BigKid4788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Many reefers would trade with you! Take a trip and look at other reefers colors. Should make you appreciate what you have.

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That mille is insane! I’d say you’re doing a pretty good job. Like others have mentioned you could pursue darker richer colors, but in my experience when you start chasing things and tweaking parameters that’s when things go bad. If this is how your tank naturally runs I’d save leave it alone and enjoy the beauty!

OP
OP
Shubz

Shubz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about sharing your system info so others can learn from you? Lighting type and schedule, params, salt brand, etc.. I agree with the group, it all looks good. Keep on keeping on.
tank is a red sea reefer 350 with a addition 30 gallon frag tank plumbed into it
Lighting- 8 bulb t5 fixture with 2 ai sols for additional lighting, frag tank is running 1 ai hydra
Flow- 2 ecotech mp40 at 100% on reef crest mode
I use reef pro complete as my supplement- by far the best supplement on the market! Better than b-ionic and BRS... trust me i have tried them all.
Salinity- 1.026 milwaukee digital reader
Alk- 8.4-8.6 Hanna
Cal- 415-430 Salifert
Phos- .02 red sea
Nitrates- undetectable red sea

I do a 20 gallon water change every month with red sea coral pro salt

Thanks if you have anymore question just reach out!

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks! The more we all share and learn the better. I'm a little surprised the colors are so rich with those nutrient levels, but obviously your getting good results.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks! The more we all share and learn the better. I'm a little surprised the colors are so rich with those nutrient levels, but obviously your getting good results.
In my experience lower nutrient tends to bring out more color.

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we've seen the trend of ULNS tanks shift. I agree that very low nutrient tanks have colorful acro's but have seen that a lot of people are getting deeper, richer coloration by not starving their corals. I'm not talking the "color" displayed but rather the "richness, depth" of the color. Your compatriot to the southwest is an example. His tanks are anything but ULNS and his colors are popping. Andrew out of Australia is another example as well as some Canadian friends. I only get that saturation when I keep nitrates above 7 and phosphates over .07. I'm no expert so just my .02.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we've seen the trend of ULNS tanks shift. I agree that very low nutrient tanks have colorful acro's but have seen that a lot of people are getting deeper, richer coloration by not starving their corals. I'm not talking the "color" displayed but rather the "richness, depth" of the color. Your compatriot to the southwest is an example. His tanks are anything but ULNS and his colors are popping. Andrew out of Australia is another example as well as some Canadian friends. I only get that saturation when I keep nitrates above 7 and phosphates over .07. I'm no expert so just my .02.
Maybe we are saying the same thing. I was saying like 2-5 nitrate and .03-.05 phosphate. Not ULNS, but still what I’d call lower. I guess I should have defined lower. :D

OP
OP
Shubz

Shubz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe we are saying the same thing. I was saying like 2-5 nitrate and .03-.05 phosphate. Not ULNS, but still what I’d call lower. I guess I should have defined lower. :D
thanks however I have found better growth with lower nitrates and phosphates

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful sticks! Do you mind sharing a fts? Whats your lighting cycle, bulb combo, fixture placement, etc?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back