OP
rtparty

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Hurricane Aquatics most of my tank browned out with high nutrients that I couldn’t get under control for a few months. Nitrates were 50+ and PO4 was around .3. Add in dosing iron and the zooxanthellae took over like crazy.

Now with my fuge catching up and starting to grow like crazy, I have NO3 down to 32 and PO4 at 0.16. So it’s getting there. Taking it slow and steady.

Lighting is being changed soon-ish. Should be able to bring the PAR up for the SPS. Hope the LPS are okay with it if I go slow acclimating them.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@Hurricane Aquatics most of my tank browned out with high nutrients that I couldn’t get under control for a few months. Nitrates were 50+ and PO4 was around .3. Add in dosing iron and the zooxanthellae took over like crazy.

Now with my fuge catching up and starting to grow like crazy, I have NO3 down to 32 and PO4 at 0.16. So it’s getting there. Taking it slow and steady.

Lighting is being changed soon-ish. Should be able to bring the PAR up for the SPS. Hope the LPS are okay with it if I go slow acclimating them.

Sorry to hear that. If you can get your Nitrates to about 15 that's where I keep mine. My PO4 is usually 0.03 to 0.12. I usually try to keep it around 0.08.

The Red Sea Reefmat really helped with nutrient control. Once you adjust the amount to roll, you can almost feed anything you want and as much as you want. It will still keep the nutrients at the level you like. Best thing they ever came up with.

Best of luck, sounds like you're getting there.

OP
OP
rtparty

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Possibly A. pulchra:

0057_C01_07.jpg

This definitely is leading the way right now. Milli like polyps. Mine definitely doesn’t have the milli type cups around the polyps

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This definitely is leading the way right now. Milli like polyps. Mine definitely doesn’t have the milli type cups around the polyps
I didn't see that post. That does look very close. Something I missed on yours @rtparty was the polyps on the top of the branches.

Yeah, agree with Sculpin. Nice find.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 65 43.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.8%
Back