Sps is a mixed reef and dosing

essaf victor

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2019
Messages
37
Reaction score
7
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 35g with a 20g sump it is a mixed reef mostly lps

right now I have :
A green goniopora
Zoas
Mushrooms 2
Candycanes
Hammers
Torches 2
Frogspawn



but the main question is I want 1-2 pcs of sps in the tank without dosing
Will these 2 pcs lower my alk and calcium or they won’t and will water changes keep them happy I use Red Sea coral pro
Because I want my levels staple

I want to get a birds nest and a stylo

thanks in advance
 
IMO 1-2 small frags you can getaway without dosing,plus it take awhile for corals to get used to your water parameters/lights before it start to grow
 
Eventually you will need to dose. If the coralline every comes in strong, this will use up a lot of carbonate, calcium and magnesium all on it's own. Have a plan.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new