0   0   0
001F62D8-3E25-498A-AEED-6E4D9EF51577.png

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely will be interesting to see your all your guys results!

Nobody happens to have a scale do they? Would need one to test the theory of growth density being affected by increased/decreased flow.

Eliminating other variables would be pretty difficult in a conventional reef tank though.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely will be interesting to see your all your guys results!

Nobody happens to have a scale do they? Would need one to test the theory of growth density being affected by increased/decreased flow.

Eliminating other variables would be pretty difficult in a conventional reef tank though.
I wish I had the space/time/resources to run experiments like that. Brs did a video on growth from extra flow versus normal flow but some thought it wasn’t done correctly from the start. I liked the results though

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was telling charlie that in my tank, at least, the best growth was on the bottom 1/3 and bottom of my tank. The flow isn't that much down there but my biggest colonies are in the lower flow areas as opposed to high

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? wow! only 15%per? I ran both my mp40s at 100%pwr reef crest mode on anti sync on my 75gal, but I had some big dense table acros that really needed it.

20191010_193642.jpg
I tried 25% reef crest mode while I was on vacation so I couldn’t change it and came home to 3 Tenuis skeletons. I know ppl have a ton of success with that mode but it did not work for me.

Tplummer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up this morning and heard my kamoer dosing continuously running and discovered it had added over 750 ml of alk. I quickly ripped out as much sps as I could and placed them in my frag tank. I know they were exposed to the alk spike for less than 6 hours, but I’m guessing the alk is at least 40 dKh and could be as high 60 dKh. My Hanna checker is flashing 20. I had to make a delivery for work and am back home about to do a massive water change as soon as the new water temp comes down a bit.
Hang in there man! Its worth getting through it. ticks me off when equipment fails like that. You do everything you can then bam!

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried 25% reef crest mode while I was on vacation so I couldn’t change it and came home to 3 Tenuis skeletons. I know ppl have a ton of success with that mode but it did not work for me.
Ah yes, you have a cube makes sense.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back