OP
OP
Dan Kyle

Dan Kyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize for the delay and assuming the 26’s were more similar to the 52’s. 54 watts of light is not much more than what you have. In fact these settings are going to lower your par, even when the acclimation is over. See what maxing out uv, v, b, rb and g and r at 10 and white at 22 looks like.
How many watts is that?

That’s 80W now :)

5F9C543E-B761-4A84-9844-F3EE3EFFF633.png

OP
OP
Dan Kyle

Dan Kyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does it look? Too blue?

I can't see it right now as it's in a different room to where I am but I would imagine this would be very blue. Maybe I could up the whites from 22% to 30%? To be honest I would much rather have it blue than white. I hate it being too white.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't see it right now as it's in a different room to where I am but I would imagine this would be very blue. Maybe I could up the whites from 22% to 30%? To be honest I would much rather have it blue than white. I hate it being too white.
Exactly. Adjust the white until it pleases your eye.
I know I know
I preached the ab+ spectrum. I meant this is one that has a proven track record bc it mimics the spectrum of popular and proven t5 bulb combo. But I don’t believe this spectrum will produce enough to get your sps thriving. If you added a second fixture then it would work just fine. But for now this will work. The spectrum doesn’t look all that different based on your pics and what I can see through my ai app. The most important part is find out what you like by adjusting the whites and leave it alone. With only 80 watts I suggest a 25% acclimation setting

OP
OP
Dan Kyle

Dan Kyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha you preacher ;Vomit

So here’s what I’ve done. In total it’s running at 80W and it comes on at 8am. It’s peak time is 10am till 4pm (someone mentioned something about having the peak time around 6 hours) and the light is completely off by 10pm.

Here is what the graph looks like.

4A849703-95FC-4009-96D8-A3E1CC22EBF8.png

OP
OP
Dan Kyle

Dan Kyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, looking at the graph it doesn't quite look right. If you see the blue channel it's at it's peak at 10am but then looks like it starts dropping from 10am throughout the day. Surely that's not right?

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha you preacher ;Vomit

So here’s what I’ve done. In total it’s running at 80W and it comes on at 8am. It’s peak time is 10am till 4pm (someone mentioned something about having the peak time around 6 hours) and the light is completely off by 10pm.

Here is what the graph looks like.

4A849703-95FC-4009-96D8-A3E1CC22EBF8.png
I would have 1 consistent spectrum through the entire photoperiod. Your current program will have multiple spectrum shifts and your par is going to drastically decrease the last 4 hours of peak. Your sps will love 6 hours of full power and spectrum.

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, looking at the graph it doesn't quite look right. If you see the blue channel it's at it's peak at 10am but then looks like it starts dropping from 10am throughout the day. Surely that's not right?
Exactly. You need to click on the 4pm and adjust to the full settings that please your eye

OP
OP
Dan Kyle

Dan Kyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have 1 consistent spectrum through the entire photoperiod. Your current program will have multiple spectrum shifts and your par is going to drastically decrease the last 4 hours of peak. Your sps will love 6 hours of full power and spectrum.

Hmm, I'm so dumb. I'm struggling with the 10am and 4pm being identical lol. I'm sorry. It's not identical from the last graph I uploaded, no?

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one?
upload_2019-1-27_19-4-32.png

No. The 10am and 4pm are not identical. There should be a partellel line spanning across that time period

OP
OP
Dan Kyle

Dan Kyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s it
Now go put your phone on the charger
It’s about to die

LOL thank you very much. I really appreciate your help and you have the patience of a saint ;) Just one quick question though before I go, I've never used the acclimation mode on these lights before. Do I use the slider and adjust it 25% or do I actually adjust it 75% which gives you 25 from 100. I'm not familiar with it.

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL thank you very much. I really appreciate your help and you have the patience of a saint ;) Just one quick question though before I go, I've never used the acclimation mode on these lights before. Do I use the slider and adjust it 25% or do I actually adjust it 75% which gives you 25 from 100. I'm not familiar with it.
Good question.
Set it to 25% for each color except UV
Set the UV to 75%
I don’t want to shock your stressed coral too much with a drastic jump in UV since your going from 5 to 119 overnight.

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 55 47.8%
  • Full frame

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • All of the above

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back