• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

SPS Pack -$100

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I am in the process of pruning duplicate frags in my system and I have a large-fragged SPS pack available. Each frag in the pack is at least 2.5 inches (see ruler in picture) and has been growing in my system for a while now.

C416C399-2DD9-41AD-AA37-80FD62D43368.jpeg

From left to right:
- Pink Cadillac 2.5”
- Aussie Gold Tort 3”
- WWC Yellow Tips 2.5”

Pick up only unfortunately. I’m not confident in my ability to ship at all. I’m located in Iowa City.

OcellarisClown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe there are some forums on how to best or properly package corals frags for shipment and it’s a great way to learn through trial & error :)
I’d love to order the frags if you’d like to “try” to ship them to me in California :)

OP
OP
xiaoxiy

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe there are some forums on how to best or properly package corals frags for shipment and it’s a great way to learn through trial & error :)
I’d love to order the frags if you’d like to “try” to ship them to me in California :)
I was toying with the idea of throwing up some "trial packs" in the coming Fall, where I only charge shipping. Just to get a hang of it.

OP
OP
xiaoxiy

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I think both @OcellarisClown and I are thoroughly disappointed. Apparently the only things that survived UPS overnight priority (delivered before 10:30AM) were the two freebies I threw in. Temps for us both locally were 70-80F. Not sure what happened.

No more shipping for me. :(

kzenoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I think both @OcellarisClown and I are thoroughly disappointed. Apparently the only things that survived UPS overnight priority (delivered before 10:30AM) were the two freebies I threw in. Temps for us both locally were 70-80F. Not sure what happened.

No more shipping for me. :(
That’s terrible, sorry to hear it.

OP
OP
xiaoxiy

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After speaking with a couple other shippers, I think the consensus is big frags are harder to ship and the bags were too small for 2-3” frags.

Still sad that they didn’t make it

OcellarisClown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone has any shipping advice or knows any reefers who have some insight with shipping, please feel free to share! :)

DanSavesTheDay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say always drop off closer to when the carrier pick-up time is. Mine is 6 pm at UPS over here so dropping off around 5 pm works great "it means the least amount of time sitting at the postal office". Also a great video by Chaos Aquaculture here on shipping corals.

Good luck with shipping in the future, don't give up!