SPS Pain train

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally making the real plunge into SPS aquascape is made up and ready to go! The first four colonies ordered wondering what everyone thinks.

IMG-2119.jpg IMG-2122.jpg IMG-2113.jpg IMG-2116.jpg

Neoalchemist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These appear to be aqua cultured. Beautiful choices they are but might not fare too well in a tank that is not well established by a year or more. That being said, if there arent many hiccups in the tanks maturity at least a couple are likely to survive and grow out.

OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These appear to be aqua cultured. Beautiful choices they are but might not fare too well in a tank that is not well established by a year or more. That being said, if there arent many hiccups in the tanks maturity at least a couple are likely to survive and grow out.
I'm curious how you tell what's mariculture vs aquaculture? Is it how they are tagged and have grown out on the plugs?

Neoalchemist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious how you tell what's mariculture vs aquaculture? Is it how they are tagged and have grown out on the plugs?
That plus the colors and growth forms, coral grown in powerhead driven flow is rarely that chunky.
I even believe I know that those were grown by Bali Aquaculture.

OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im assuming that the tank is new due to your scape being new.
The tank is fairly but well established and was seeded with rock/water from our other tank that's about 5 years old. I've been making adjustments to the aquascape to make room for a more SPS dominant tank.

OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually now that you mention it those are maricultured not aquacultured. Grown in an ocean farm.
Well then my plan still holds to isolate these bad boys, the plates are definitely coming off.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back