SPS STN. Need a sanity check

Reef roids! It will bring that po4 right up and make your corals super happy! I was having the same problem with 15 fish..neophos and Neo nitro was getting expensive dosed reef roids and some stump remover and my po4 and no3 shot up and my corals have never looked better!
Yeah, I have used reef roids here and there. I can incorporate that into feedings more regularly. I know it has worked to increase phosphates for me in the past.
 
I got it from chewy.com
No it didn’t help for my application but I know other hobbyists that love it for full system sps issues.
Ok, I looked into ordering it from chewy, but it was asking me for a prescription, maybe I was doing something wrong. I'll check again.
 
Something I heard yesterday while listening to Dong Zhou of Acro Gardenswas that anemones are great at phosphate export. I'm wondering if that's got something to do with why my phosphates are consistently low. I've got a large BTA and a handful of rock flower and mini carpet nems.

When I move later this month, I'm planning to take my large BTA out because it's stinging things around it.
 
I don’t know how you tested those par numbers, but I can say from experience with xr15’s (I have 5 on my tank) I highly doubt those numbers are correct for 2 xr15 at only 50%.
That’s only about 100 watts of lighting. If you cranked those to 90-100% I could see you maybe getting numbers like that.
 
I don’t know how you tested those par numbers, but I can say from experience with xr15’s (I have 5 on my tank) I highly doubt those numbers are correct for 2 xr15 at only 50%.
That’s only about 100 watts of lighting. If you cranked those to 90-100% I could see you maybe getting numbers like that.
I used an apogee par meter to measure it. Maybe it's because my tank is smaller? The two units only have about 2-3 inches between them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new