OP
OP
CRABDADDY

CRABDADDY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef roids! It will bring that po4 right up and make your corals super happy! I was having the same problem with 15 fish..neophos and Neo nitro was getting expensive dosed reef roids and some stump remover and my po4 and no3 shot up and my corals have never looked better!
Yeah, I have used reef roids here and there. I can incorporate that into feedings more regularly. I know it has worked to increase phosphates for me in the past.

OP
OP
CRABDADDY

CRABDADDY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it from chewy.com
No it didn’t help for my application but I know other hobbyists that love it for full system sps issues.
Ok, I looked into ordering it from chewy, but it was asking me for a prescription, maybe I was doing something wrong. I'll check again.

OP
OP
CRABDADDY

CRABDADDY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something I heard yesterday while listening to Dong Zhou of Acro Gardenswas that anemones are great at phosphate export. I'm wondering if that's got something to do with why my phosphates are consistently low. I've got a large BTA and a handful of rock flower and mini carpet nems.

When I move later this month, I'm planning to take my large BTA out because it's stinging things around it.

arcangelreef32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know how you tested those par numbers, but I can say from experience with xr15’s (I have 5 on my tank) I highly doubt those numbers are correct for 2 xr15 at only 50%.
That’s only about 100 watts of lighting. If you cranked those to 90-100% I could see you maybe getting numbers like that.

OP
OP
CRABDADDY

CRABDADDY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know how you tested those par numbers, but I can say from experience with xr15’s (I have 5 on my tank) I highly doubt those numbers are correct for 2 xr15 at only 50%.
That’s only about 100 watts of lighting. If you cranked those to 90-100% I could see you maybe getting numbers like that.
I used an apogee par meter to measure it. Maybe it's because my tank is smaller? The two units only have about 2-3 inches between them.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back