Sps type? Help please.

bobby.w.hodges

Wet Thumb
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2015
Messages
716
Reaction score
648
Location
Peachtree corners, Georgia 30092
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was sold to me as "green acro" I'm interested to know more about it, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
20200106_221556.jpg
 
Don't believe that's an Acropora.
I believe it is either an Anacropora or a Branching Montipora.
Leaning more towards the Monti due to the polyps, but have faith....a real pro will chime in and nail it for you!
 
Hydnopora
 
Yes Montipora is it
 
Looks like montipora spongodes

That was my first thought and it could very well be. It's definitely more common than m. porites is, but spongodes seems to be smoother and not so ridged like the OP's. It's like a branching danae.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new