squamosa not looking good. pm?

  • Thread starter Thread starter james30ct
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

james30ct

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 13, 2012
Messages
594
Reaction score
47
Location
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a while a spot on my squammy became white and I wasnt sure why but now its worse and the mantle looks messed up. Any ideas?

tank info
180g lit with ati t5 and reefbreeder leds
I test alk, cal, and mg regularly
ive have the clam over a year and it has doubled in size
fish are tangs clowns bangaii and ranfordi goby


 
No neighboring corals are stinging the clam?

Looks almost like a salt flake from salt creep fell onto the mantle, I have seen that type of tissue damage before.

I would change out your charcoal and run a little larger volume just in case it is PM. Need a full image of the clam to ID PMD. Mantles will frill up like that due to damage and look like PMD.
 
nothing is near it so I dont think it got stung and I havent seen anything nipping at it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new