Squiggly Worms in RODI basin?

Modge

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2022
Messages
52
Reaction score
28
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never seen or heard of this issue before.

My Red Sea gravity ATO basin just spawned all these weird squiggly worms.
See video

The new action I did - which shouldn’t make a difference - was use a measuring cup laced with vodka to gather water for my carbon dosing recipe.


Any ideas on what these are? Maybe mosquitoes breeding there? Will they die when they get introduced to the salt water?

Hoping it’s not a parasite waiting to hurt my
livestock,


I get my RODI from a LFS.

thanks!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8031.mov
    11.2 MB
Researched and they are blood sucking larvae! Remedy was to add a little vinegar to my RODI bins and I’ll shut off my regular carbon dosing until I cycle through enough to not overdo it.
 
Never seen or heard of this issue before.

My Red Sea gravity ATO basin just spawned all these weird squiggly worms.
See video

The new action I did - which shouldn’t make a difference - was use a measuring cup laced with vodka to gather water for my carbon dosing recipe.


Any ideas on what these are? Maybe mosquitoes breeding there? Will they die when they get introduced to the salt water?

Hoping it’s not a parasite waiting to hurt my
livestock,


I get my RODI from a LFS.

thanks!
Mosquito larvae.. good live fish food!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new