sro3000int on a 40g

  • Thread starter Thread starter Prince916
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Prince916

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2008
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on setting up a 40g breader wit 30g sump and its going to be an sps tank. I have a sro3000 int skimmer from my last tank set up. If i use this skimmer, would it be over kill for this type of system?
 
Yeah, especially if you're feeding lightly/don't have a large bio load. I'd imagine it would be tricky to get it tuned properly. I'd be curious to see pictures, though :)
 
Try to sell it or trade it off for a smaller skimmer like the SRO1000 int + cash.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new