Stability, what does it mean to you?

RareEarthCorals

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2015
Messages
597
Reaction score
275
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive given thought after reviewing several months of data. Perfection is seldom achieved, data is only a guide into husbandry. We should not be as focused anymore in chasing numbers to fall into range. How many of us focus on nitrates and phosphates? Working hard to get those numbers in line and not seeing the whole picture. We should not be threaten by higher nitrates if we know the next steps in the maintenance schedule will have it fall back inline. Having a good dosing and maintenance schedule will insure success.


My maintenance schedule is working if I fall into a natural cyclical cycle of peaks and valleys within certain tolerances. Anything above 5-10% I know something isn't right. Did I miss a dose, or required maintenance? This schedule easily captures my dosing and maintenance schedule on excel spreadsheet format. I can go back and pinpoint what I missed. Anything I change or added is also easy to see, so if something goes wrong its easy enough to know what changes, additions, or lacking is in play. It isn't rocket science but it beats the hell out of not keeping score and chasing the ball. Nothing worse than seeing your numbers change and not understand why. When something goes wrong you can easily pinpoint the error and assign priority to correct it. Stability can be achieved and it can allow the enduser freedom and enjoyment in our hobby. What does stability mean to you?
 
;)That is the perfect definition. What does stability mean to you is more than that. What I asking is what that meaning is to you? What are your processes that gives you predictable values with parameters that hold steady?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new