Stabilizing my structure question.

AntFarm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all! I'm working with a JBJ 20 nano. Below is a picture of the structure I made out of 3 rocks. Although it feels stable I wanted to drill into each side and add a post. What materials are safe to use for this purpose? If you have another solution please let me know. Thank you, Tony
lKOwTCw.jpg

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Jeffcb above got it. Drilling and pinning that structure is a bit of overkill. If you mix the epoxy well, get it pressed into the nooks and crannies and allow it to set, it will hold those rocks solid.

To answer your question though, I used stainless steel bar rod from Amazon in conjunction with epoxy for a few iffy rock joints. If you go this route you need to ensure that any oils and solvents from the machine process are removed from the stainless steel bar before you start working with it.

OP
OP
AntFarm

AntFarm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks you LIS. That does sound like more work than I thought. Plus I wouldn't want to crack the rock. I'm going today to pick up some of the Little Fishes epoxy. Thank you again for the quick replies.
Tony

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back