Staggering the two return pumps in Feed Mode

rajbh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the apex controller world and recently got the apex el for my JBJ 65g AIO. However I have not mastered the APEX programming so far and don't want to fiddle with
my livestock too much. So far I could NOT got the way I want to set it up. If anybody can help me will really appreciate it.

FeedA (set for 10 mins):

I have TWO return pumps and in FeedA:
I want to stop pump A for 5 minutes and come back on just after 5 mins . Between 5th and 7th both of them are running. Then at the 7th min want to stop Pump B.
Between 7th and 10th Pump B is running. After 10 mins both should be Running.

During this 10 mins my Skimmer should be OFF and would come back on after 15 mins (extra 5 minutes for everything to settle) since FeedA is activated. Is there a way to set it like this for FeedA ?

thanks in advance.
--Raj

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The easiest way to do this (without the complications of adding any virtual outputs) is to set FeedA to 5 minutes, then use a combination of extra Feed delay and Defer timers to achieve your desired result:

FeedA set to 300 seconds (5 minutes) in the Misc Setup settings. Then configure your pumps and skimmer with the following programming:

[PumpA]
Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF

[PumpB]
Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 005 Then OFF
Defer 007:00 Then OFF

[Skimmer]
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If FeedA 010 Then OFF

See my tutorial on Apex Feed Cycles for more details on the Feed delays: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptune-apex-programming-tutorials-part-7-feed-cycles.715/

See my tutorial on Apex Timers for more details on the Defer timer: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptune-apex-programming-tutorials-part-2-timers.689/

OP
OP
rajbh

rajbh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for the code. It works as per my expectation. The tutorial links you provided all the information and background that I need for the apex programming in the future.

Back