Stand: Not enough room for sump

Misha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone made me this stand for me but the problem is: the gap is 53.5 cm and the sump is 54 wide. What’s my best option? I don’t want to buy a new sump

E1AEFCC3-9E27-47E5-9B04-2373D9D733AE.jpeg

chowberg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the depth (front to back) of the sump bigger than the support beams on the side? If it will, maybe have the stand builder create a door on the side panel to slide the sump in sideways.

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the depth (front to back) of the sump bigger than the support beams on the side? If it will, maybe have the stand builder create a door on the side panel to slide the sump in sideways.
I agree if were just talking about the support beams not allowing it to fit then pop the side panel off and reinstall it after slipping the sump in through the side. No real need to remove the sump after install...

HAMMERofGold

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Option C) Build a new sump with an old tank :)

chowberg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree if were just talking about the support beams not allowing it to fit then pop the side panel off and reinstall it after slipping the sump in through the side. No real need to remove the sump after install...

Didn’t think of that, that would work too! I was thinking more of just cutting a hole out of the skin, flush to the support beams, and maybe adding magnets to hold the door panel. I worry about the hinges getting in the way of the sump.

I’d do it on both sides to have access from every side, and to make it symmetrical for aesthetic reasons.

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t think of that, that would work too! I was thinking more of just cutting a hole out of the skin, flush to the support beams, and maybe adding magnets to hold the door panel. I worry about the hinges getting in the way of the sump.

I’d do it on both sides to have access from every side, and to make it symmetrical for aesthetic reasons.
Magnets and removal panels on each side comes in handy at times, do it! Counter sink magnets into the wood to make in nice and flush

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back