Standard 75 gallon lighting questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter btmedic04
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

btmedic04

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
745
Reaction score
896
Location
Cleveland OH
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, currently I am running a nuvo 20 and nuvo 10 both with radon xr15 G4 pros, diffusers and on the rms mounts. A co worker of mine is giving me a 75 gallon aquarium and I am wondering if the two xr15s will be enough light for a mixed reef with smart placement of sps? I will be doing two rock islands for my scape and I have also considered going the hybrid t5 route as well if required.

Current corals that would be transferred to the 75
Purple pocillopora
Green pocillopora
Chili pepper montipora
Hammer
Frogspawn
Trumpet
2x acans
7x zoa small colonies
2x mushrooms
Purple star polyp colony

Thanks!
 
One XR15 (essentially one puck) for each 24” x 18” area is a tall ask coverage wise for your SPS. You will be looking at shadowing issues. I’d look into T5 supplementation through the use of a 48” Aquaticlife T5 hybrid fixture to help with the pair of XR15s.
 
what bulb combination would you recommend? What about 3 xr15s? The price of the aquatic life fixture, bulbs and mounting options are approaching xr15 territory
 
I use two Hydra 26 HD's for a 48x 18 12" off the water and have great results.
 
Nice! Mixed reef? Do you have any pictures so I can get a visual? Thank you!
Mixed reef. Head over to my build thread in my signature and I have a bunch of pictures.;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new