Starboard USERS

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nuocmam
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nuocmam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2010
Messages
2,339
Reaction score
80
Location
Merced, Ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I please have some feedback from starboard users? Did you silicone it down? Do you actually try and keep it clean or just let the coraline grow on it? Is it pain to keep it clean? I've always used sand but am thinking about going bare bottom. And feedback good and bad appreciated.
 
Bump for the no sand bed group!
 
i friend of mine uses starboard...it is siliconed around the edges so nothing can get under it.... i dont believe he tries to keep the coraline off, just the dietrus and other waste that settles to the bottom, all of which are easily suctioned off them bottom for cleaning. i would definetly silicone the edges...
 
Yeah stuff will get under it, I would recommend siliconing it down. In my last BB tank, I had tons of flow, right down at the bottom of the tank, so it takes extra flow to keep it clean.

For what it's worth, you can use HDPE, no since in paying 3x as much for "starboard".
 
I will most definitely get it siliconed down then. Hopefully it won't be hard to keep it clean.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 10.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new