Starfish Care - linckia vs powerhead

  • Thread starter Thread starter cklop09
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cklop09

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2021
Messages
18
Reaction score
3
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just caught my linckia star with its arm in the powerhead. Looks like it chopped 1 off and damaged another. What steps should I take to help him out?
I have guards on the way already to help prevent ankther reoccurance

20220110_233423.jpg
 
Feed it well, and try to keep away from powerheads. It'll grow back the limbs eventually.
Do I need to amputate the damaged limb & let it grow back? Or let it heal
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new