Starry blenny is weird lol

immaman2011

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2022
Messages
486
Reaction score
384
Location
Connecticut, United States 🇺🇸
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Would anyone be able to explain my starry blenny sleeping inside of the clownfishes huddle? The clown fish were looking at him weird at first and then they just cuddle pile the starry blenny now every night and he stays there lol. I have 4 adult clown fish in my tank. I'm assuming they've paired off by now because the additional 2 were picked on and passed. It's right down in the bottom left front corner of my tank. That portion of tank has the least flow.

Just thought I'd mention it just in case it's something that indicates a issue? Otherwise blenny is a good eater and very sassy lol.
 
Hey guys,

Would anyone be able to explain my starry blenny sleeping inside of the clownfishes huddle? The clown fish were looking at him weird at first and then they just cuddle pile the starry blenny now every night and he stays there lol. I have 4 adult clown fish in my tank. I'm assuming they've paired off by now because the additional 2 were picked on and passed. It's right down in the bottom left front corner of my tank. That portion of tank has the least flow.

Just thought I'd mention it just in case it's something that indicates a issue? Otherwise blenny is a good eater and very sassy lol.
I had one a long time ago before rehoming it and it was quite the character.
I would say its normal aquarium fish behavior lol. Maybe not normal in the wild.
 
I had one a long time ago before rehoming it and it was quite the character.
I would say its normal aquarium fish behavior lol. Maybe not normal in the wild.
Well that's good lol. The clownfish have accepted him into their flock.
 
I believe this is known as a cuddle puddle.
Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new