Starry Blenny Shortage?

LagunaGlide

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been on the hunt for a Starry Blenny for about a month now, and even before I was ready for one I had not seen one in the LFS for awhile. Of course the 3 local spots all get shipments on same day, so likely same provider. Anyone else notice this "shortage" in your areas? Is there a reason these guys are hard to find currently?

Jeff Hall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see them all the time here in Philadelphia area, but remember some fish are seasonal...

OP
OP
LagunaGlide

LagunaGlide

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see them all the time here in Philadelphia area, but remember some fish are seasonal...

Some fish are indeed seasonal, syarry blennies are not though.

Well that is kind of disheartening. I have specifically asked for them to get me one, and was told "they aren't currently available". Guess I will keep waiting, but wonder why you see them in PA and nothing here in KY.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that is kind of disheartening. I have specifically asked for them to get me one, and was told "they aren't currently available". Guess I will keep waiting, but wonder why you see them in PA and nothing here in KY.
It could just be that the wholesaler your LFS is using doesn't have them so they are unavailable to your LFS.

Novareefer57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same here been waiting for my VA/MD LFs' to get just one. No dice though:(. They're still available on most online sites, but personally not willing to spend an extra 30-50$ in shipping for a cheap fish.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been on the hunt for a Starry Blenny for about a month now, and even before I was ready for one I had not seen one in the LFS for awhile. Of course the 3 local spots all get shipments on same day, so likely same provider. Anyone else notice this "shortage" in your areas? Is there a reason these guys are hard to find currently?
Jks and Aquatic marine have them frequently in Knoxville.

Back