Start of 65g build

chowchow10

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2015
Messages
180
Reaction score
40
Location
Winter Springs, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey There,
Ive currently got a 20g tank and I upgraded the other day because my LFS gave me this new setup at cost. I am keeping the 20g up and running and will slowly move things over. Here are some pictures from today. My wife and I painted the stand and the back of my aquarium black. More to come.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8482.JPG
    IMG_8482.JPG
    848.8 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_8484.JPG
    IMG_8484.JPG
    818.9 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_8485.JPG
    IMG_8485.JPG
    911 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_8486.JPG
    IMG_8486.JPG
    794.7 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_8489.JPG
    IMG_8489.JPG
    837.8 KB · Views: 219
Currently have standard 29g and thinking going for 65g. What's your plans?
 
I bought a current USA Orbit 36-48" LED light, Ive got 80 pounds of live sand, I plan on putting 60-70lbs of live rock in the tank, Eshopps PSK-100 Protein Skimmer and Eshopps WD-100CS Sump. This will be a mixed reef tank. I will be moving my 20 gallon stock into the new tank and adding some more fish and corals. the 20 gallon will become a frag tank/quarantine tank.

Currently have standard 29g and thinking going for 65g. What's your plans?
 
So after a week, my ammonia is 0, and I had a small increase in nitrates. I added 6 green chromis, a wellso and some palys.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1441580078.016788.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1441580097.675390.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1441580110.474646.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new