Started a new 2.5g nano tank with floating aquascape!!!

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always looking to keep my interest peaking in this hobby. I like creating so I’m looking at this hobby ways to do things different while sticking to the basics.
this a DIY 2.5g which is a mimic of my other nano tanks, which are much larger.
going shopping for some new coral tomorrow looking to make this super colorful, pushing some limits maybe.
Running PhosGuard and carbon in this tank. Since I’ll be pushing limits here, ammonia maybe be my biggest issue.
Just sharing to see what’s the smallest some of you have gone and successful if still up and running

1177DDCA-0700-433E-AD25-BFC4FAC01C26.jpeg

OP
OP
hexcolor reef

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always want to do a tiny reef. But I think I'll just check in on this one from time to time and pretend it's mine. Keep up with your water changes op. I can't be bragging on an ugly tank.
First water change today. I’m upgrading the filtration pump to a more compact and more GPH. Not getting much surface movement with the current one. I have an air pump that I can use for now.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First water change today. I’m upgrading the filtration pump to a more compact and more GPH. Not getting much surface movement with the current one. I have an air pump that I can use for now.
I used this with filter floss in my kids pea puffer tank years back. It wasn't bad.

Azoo AZ13101 360 Special Edition Mignon Filter, 95 GPH https://a.co/d/5X7rGJ3

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always looking to keep my interest peaking in this hobby. I like creating so I’m looking at this hobby ways to do things different while sticking to the basics.
this a DIY 2.5g which is a mimic of my other nano tanks, which are much larger.
going shopping for some new coral tomorrow looking to make this super colorful, pushing some limits maybe.
Running PhosGuard and carbon in this tank. Since I’ll be pushing limits here, ammonia maybe be my biggest issue.
Just sharing to see what’s the smallest some of you have gone and successful if still up and running

1177DDCA-0700-433E-AD25-BFC4FAC01C26.jpeg
Nice looking aquascape!!! Always like the idea of floating aquascapes

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back